Sunday, November 09, 2014

Sunday Thoughts About Reading


There is nothing like sitting at home on a quiet Sunday evening with a real book - you know - one with paper pages. However, the atmosphere has to be set with soft lights or by candle light. A nice beverage would make it perfect. From that point, the atmosphere and the book could take you anywhere your imagination allows. As for me, the above pic is ideal, but not my reality. I'm missing the custom-built book shelves. Perhaps, I will have them one day. Until then, I will work with my little space in the basement. Enjoy your Sunday or Monday depending on your spot on the globe. Oh, and don't forget to read. Peace~

2 comments:

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

My ideal library would have fat chairs to sit in, lie in. And lots of paper-books.

Though I do understand that a lot of people prefer e-books.

The world is big enough for both kinds, thank goodness.

Stephen A. Bess said...

Yes, GG, your scenario sounds much more comfortable. The above pic is more conducive to writing than reading.

Black Men in Life Space: A Change for the Better

Photo Source: Showtime The late great Chicago soul singer, Sam Cooke sang and announced that "A Change is Gonna Come." On season f...